Announcing Verne: The Shape of Fantasy
Verne: The Shape of Fantasy is a pixel art narrative experience based on the life and works of Jules Verne, which merges exploration, puzzles and interactive dialogues with the imagery of one of the most famous science fiction and adventure writers.
A Thrilling Story
Jules Verne has been trapped in a parallel world, built from the writer’s own imagination and filled with adventures, dangers and lots of fantasy. Aboard the mythical Nautilus and back to back with captain Nemo and his faithful crew, he will face a merciless enemy who wants to wipe out imagination and creativity from Hemera… and from his own mind.
- 2D side-scroll narrative adventure. An unexplored steampunk world, with detailed pixel art, that offers a wide variety of landscapes: explore the dark corridors of the Nautilus, the ancient sunken ruins of Atlantis or the burning heart of a volcano.
- Discover and master the IMAG, an Atlantean ancient device that allows to rewrite the story and change Verne’s fate on certain moments.
- A thrilling story that reflects the ability of the human being to imagine and tell stories.
- Non-linear dialogues with a diverse cast of characters, played by voice actors.
- Gameplay inspired by old school adventure games, based on exploration, platforms, puzzle-solving and interactive dialogues.
- Easy-to-follow and attractive information about Jules Verne’s life and works.
Jules Verne and the nostalgia for the amazing.
As a kid, you probably had two things at home: pixeled graphic adventures and shelves filled with Jules Verne books. Well… this is your game!
Around the World in Eighty Days, Journey to the center of the earth, Twenty thousand Leagues under the Sea… you knew about these amazing adventures and now you can experience them.